A – CONCLUDED PROJECTS
A1: Direct Service Provision Projects
· 2012-2013 – “From Exclusion to Inclusion: Bridging the Response Gap for Urban Refugee Survivors of Sexual and Gender based Violence.” Funded by Bureau of Population Refugee & Migration (BPRM 1). Project Budget $99,805.00, March 2012 – February 2013.
· 2013-2014 – “Gender Inclusive SGBV Screening Response and Awareness for Most Vulnerable Refugees in Kampala” – Funded by Bureau of Population Refugee & Migration (BPRM 2). Project Budget $200,000.00. September 2013 – September 2014.
· 2014-2015 – “Expansion of Inclusive Sexual Gender Based Violence Prevention and Response to Urban Refugees in Uganda.” Funded by Bureau of Population Refugee & Migration (BPRM 3). Project Budget $200,000, September 2014 – September 2015.
A2: Research Projects
· 2013 – LGBTI and Migration. RLP and Organization for Refuge, Asylum and Migration (ORAM).
Final Product: Publication: “Blind Alleys: Part II Uganda’s Findings. The Unseen Struggles of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Intersex Urban Refugees in Mexico, Uganda and South Africa”. (Link)
· 2013: Undressing Patriarchy Convention – focused on issues of men’s engagement on gender equality. The project was spearheaded by RLP in partnership with regional and international partners [Centre for Health and Social Justice (CHSJ), and Men Engaged for Gender Equality Now (MEGEN).
Final Product: Publication: “Undressing Patriarchy, Redressing Inequalities” (Link)
· 2013-2014 – JHSPH 2013-2014: Johns Hopkins School of Public Health (Screening for Conflict-related Sexual Violence). Project aimed at Development of “Assessment Screen to Identify Survivors Toolkit for Gender Based Violence – (ASIST-GBV)”
· 2015: Men’s Collective Action in Response to Sexual Violence, Uganda. Research project toexplore men’s roles and contributions to responding to sexual and gender-based violence against men amongst refugees. RLP and IDS Funded by DFID via IDS, University of Sussex
Final Product: Publication: “From Dakar to Delhi: Politicising Thinking and Policy Discourse on Men and Masculinities: Stories of Influence” (Link)
· 2015: Women’s Refugee Commission and Refugee Law Project research collaboration on the GBV risks facing urban refugees in Kampala
Final Product: Publication: “Gender-Based Violence Prevention and Response: Key Risks Facing Urban Refugees in Kampala”. Dec 2015. (Link)
· 2016: Conflict-related gender-based violence against men and boys – Uganda case study of men’s activism.
Final Product:Publication: “Therapeutic Activism: Men of Hope Refugee Association Uganda Breaking the Silence over Male Rape in Conflict-related sexual Violence”. (Link)
· 2016: Women’s Refugee Commission and Refugee Law Project research collaboration on responding to urban refugees’ risks of GBV.
Final Product: Publication: “Mean Streets: Identifying and Responding to Urban Refugees’ Risks of Gender-Based Violence” Feb 2016. (Link)
A3: Research & Direct Service Provision
· 2016-17 – “Systematic screening for sexual violence as a cause and impact of forced migration”. The Global Disaster Preparedness Centre.
Final Product:“Hidden Realities: Screening for Experiences of Violence amongst War-Affected South Sudanese Refugees in northern Uganda” – Refugee Law Project 25 August 2017. (Link)